Strain Code 01C71 [C57BL/10ScN] (C57BL/10, B10, C57 / 10ScBs)
Origin and Characteristics
To N 1953 from Snell at F35. See C57BL/KaLwn – 15, but from Russell to Scott
at F26, then to Snell.
a, B, C
Car-2a, Ce-2a, Cs-1g, Es-1a, Es-3a,
Es-10a, Gpd-1a, Gpi-1b, Hbbs, Idh-1a,
Lvc, Mod-1b, Mup-1b, Pep-3a, Pgm-1a,
Hc1, H-2Db, H-2Kb, Lyt-1b, Lyt-2b,
Lyt-3b, Thy-1b, Tlab.
- Very low mammary tumor incidence. (680)
- In comparison with other inbred strains, C57BL/10 is resistant to Gross, Bittner,
Friend S and B viruses, and relatively resistant to Tennant virus. (370)
- Relatively resistant to induction of cleft palate by cortisone. (067)
- Macrophages from BDG-infected, LPS-unresponsive C57BL/10ScCR mice were not tumoricidal
in vitro, but cells from BCG-infected LPS-responsive C57BL/10Sn from Jackson lab
- High interferon serum levels after induction by Newcastle disease virus. (696)
- High resting plasma steroid levels, and responds to acute stress by prolonged elevation.
- High preference for ethanol and for morphine presented in a saccharine vehicle.