Conference and Events Planning Services
The conference & events planning department can only support conferences for programs
that fall within the Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC), Operations
and Technical Support (OTS) contractor’s statement of work. Work done by the SAIC-Frederick
conference & events planning department cannot be used in lieu of work that is already
governed by a government issued support contract.
A successful event begins with us!
Regardless of whether your meeting is an intimate board meeting or a multi-day conference,
what you want and expect as your end result is the same….a successful and well planned
event. As all professional meeting planners know, the key to a successful meeting
is dependent upon the seamless execution of the details….your details!
Why use our services?
Conferences and events supported using public funds are subject to a variety of
Government approval processes and federal travel and reimbursement regulations.
Our staff is familiar with these requirements, which can expedite your planning
and approval time.
What do our services include?
Excellent science deserves excellent meetings. Let us help you achieve that excellence
by assisting you with every aspect of your event. We can also help with the coordination
of graphic design, editing, photography, printed materials, and on-screen presentation
Our services include:
- Site and meeting facility selection
- Invited attendee travel and lodging
- Budget and cost tracking
- Supplier contract negotiations (hotels, caterers, promotional items, etc.)
- Meeting and event website development
- Online registration
- Onsite registration
- Onsite staffing
- Project management and support
- Audiovisual coordination and staging
- Name tags, signage, graphics, and proceedings production coordination
- Special events coordination
- Invoice payment and reconciliation
- Pre/Post-event surveys and analysis
Just relax... Let us do all the hard work!
Our professional planners will work closely with you to develop your event efficiently
and to provide cost savings in planning and setting up conferences.
- We work closely with Finance, Accounts Payable, Travel, and Purchasing to ensure
conferences are in compliance with travel, reimbursement, and other guidelines that
affect government funding.
- Our familiarity with the parameters of event hosting and our experience in hotel
negotiation and meeting facilities guarantee the most favorable rates for both guest
sleeping rooms and meeting and exhibition facilities.
- We always stay current with new regulations, because guidelines and procedures change