2013 ImmunologyTraining Workshop
September 3 (8AM-10PM)
September 4 (8AM-5PM)
SAVE THE DATE!
Welecome to the 2013 ImmunologyTraining Workshop registraiton site. To register, please click here.
This Workshop is the seminal annual gathering where immunologists of all experience levels can interact to discuss cutting-edge scientific discoveries, engage in the mentorship and training of new scientist-researchers, and identify new ways to use immunology to advance public health.
Here are some essential things to know about the Workshop:
- All attendees are expected to actively participate in the meeting- present data, chair sessions, individually mentor trainees, etc.
- Registration will proceed largely as it has for past gatherings. As usual acceptance will be on a strict first-come, first-served basis and favor those with science to share. Please register early! Acceptance emails will follow after registration closes.
- If you are accepted, you will receive an official acceptance email. At that time you have the option to purchase your food package which includes 2 lunches and a sit-down dinner. Due to new government regulations, the cost of food and beverages will be the responsibility of the individual attendee.
Bringing food to the Bolger Center is strictly forbidden, and there are no nearby food options for attendees.
Purchase of the meal package is highly recommended.
- No travel orders or other approvals are required for this Workshop.
The IIG has taken care of that (Don't pester your AOs). This also means attendees will not be reimbursed for any travel-related expenses.
- The Bolger Center is relatively nearby and has plenty of parking. If you chose not to drive, daily buses will be arranged to take you to and from the meeting (To Bolger and back to Bethesda, also possibly Frederick).
- Since our time is somewhat abbreviated, compared to past Workshops, both days will be action-packed with science, mentorship, and collaborative interactions among senior scientists, trainees, journal editors, and invited experts. We hope,that with your aid and support,this will be the renaissance of Immunology training and mentorship at the NIH.