The first National Interagency Confederation for Biological Research (NICBR) Exploring Careers in a Scientific Environment Symposium was held on Feb. 18 at the Advanced Technology Research Facility. The event drew more than 70 Frederick County public school teachers, who learned about the wide range of biomedical research being conducted by scientists in the NICBR agencies, as well as the variety of opportunities for students interested in pursuing careers in science and/or technology.
NICBR includes the following organizations colocated at Fort Detrick:
- United States Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (USAMRMC) and United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID)
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Integrated Research Facility (IRF)
- National Cancer Institute at Frederick
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS)
- United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS), National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center (NBACC)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- United States Navy, Naval Medical Research Center (NMRC)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- United States Army, Installation Management Command
See photo gallery on Facebook.