Shared Services Help
Welcome to the Accessioning System.
The CRTP/LASP Accessioning System (or CSAS) was created to provide investigators and
core service personnel with an automated means of placing, reviewing, and tracking
requests made for CRTP and
LASP support at
The Frederick National Laboratory.
Each request for service at the Frederick National Lab is carefully tracked and
reviewed. At any time the requestor may view the current disposition of their requests
using this system.
Determining the Appropriate Service Area:
Investigators who are not familiar with the Frederick National Lab may have difficulty
choosing the appropriate Core Service when placing a new request. The
Frederick National Lab Advanced Technology Program and
LASP websites provide
an overview of each Core Service program and the services they offer. In addition,
requestors can contact the office of the
Program Administrator, Advanced Technology Program for further assistance.
Help Using the Online Accessioning System: Requestors can contact
Webmaster for assistance using the online accessioning system.
Service Request Submission Guide for the Frederick National Laboratory, Laboratory
Animal Science Program (LASP) and CRTP
- Go to the Accessioning System web site:
- At the Accessioning System web site choose from either "I have used this system
before" or "I am a new user" and follow the directions. Your description
of the work to be performed can be based on discussions with your CRTP or LASP laboratory
point of contact.
- If you have used the system before but have forgotten your password, go to the
"I forgot my password" option on the left of the web page. Enter the information
requested. You will receive an e-mail containing your password.
- Be sure to select the appropriate CRTP or LASP service. When you submit your request,
an e-mail is sent to that service. You must enter the e-mail address of your administrative
officer or approving official (AO), who has fiscal authority to review your budget.
- If you believe you qualify for partial Frederick National Lab Office of the Director Research
Support (ODRS) Program funding, you can check the ODRS funding request box at this
point. If you choose this funding option, you should also indicate whether or not
you are a member of CCR. Criteria for ODRS funding can be found at
- The CRTP or LASP service that you have identified will prepare a cost estimate
and enter it into the system. The system then sends you an e-mail that details this
- Upon receiving a cost estimate, return to the Accessioning System web site and either
accept or reject it.
- If you accept the cost estimate, the system will send an e-mail to Frederick National Lab
OD for scope review by the Assistant Project Officers for CRTP or LASP, respectively.
- Following scope approval, your AO will need to approve the expenditure (100% of
the cost estimate if ODRS funding is not requested) by e-mail. For CRTP-specific
ODRS requests, the system will also solicit approval from OD (if non-CCR, Assistant
Project Officer for CRTP) or CCR (Associate Director, OSTR). All LASP-specific ODRS
requests also need approval from OD (Assistant Project Officer for LASP). ODRS funding
may be granted for up to 50% of the cost estimate, or possibly more with CRTP-specific
requests from CCR investigators.
- Upon approval, the system will notify the appropriate CRTP/LASP service and work
on your pilot project will begin. If disallowed, please follow up with your AO,
or OD, or CCR (see #8 above) if ODRS funding was requested, before reengaging the
If you encounter any difficulties, please call your point of contact for CRTP, Melissa Castle (301-228-4678), or LASP,
Wayne Christensen (301-846-1567) for advice on how to proceed.