Bethesda, MD 20894
Note: General attendance registration is closed. You can still register for our waitlist.
The first US-based Black in Cancer Conference will be held in partnership with the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research and will take place at the Natcher Conference Center in Bethesda, Maryland. This event welcomes cancer-focused undergraduate, graduate students, post-doc fellows, & early career investigators and feature talks from renowned clinicians, researchers, activists, and industry experts. The conference theme of “Lifting as We Climb” is to emphasize the critical roles we all have in creating sustainable pathways for future black cancer pioneers.
In 2022, Black in Cancer hosted its inaugural conference in collaboration with Cancer Research UK at the Science Museum in London. The conference brought together more than 200 Black students and scientists, creating a positive space where the Black cancer research community and allies could come together and collaborate, network, and celebrate.
- Increase the number of Black cancer researchers by building support networks.
- Facilitate mentorship and collaborations for students and scientists.
- Provide funding opportunities for post-doctoral fellows.
- Give a platform for cancer survivors and patient advocates to share their experiences and insights.
- Black in Cancer
- Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
- National Cancer Institute
- American Cancer Society
- Cancer Research UK
- Virtual Student Engagement Series: January 24th, February 7th, 14th, & 21st
- Abstract deadline: March 1
Due to overwhelming support, our in-person event is at capacity and registration is now closed. Please submit your email below to join the waitlist, and our team will notify you if a spot becomes available.