It is the program area's responsibility to 1) assure funding is available for the
procurement, and 2) provide appropriate signature authorizations, required information
and justifications to fulfill the prime contract requirements.
Prior to completing the Purchase Request, the appropriate project number must be
determined. The funds are tracked through the procurement stages as follows:
A. Project Number and Funding
- Funds are committed to the contract year and project number that the Purchase Request
is entered into CostPoint
- Funds are encumbered when the purchase order is entered into CostPoint
- Funds are expensed when the invoice is paid.
All supplies and services procured by any of the OTS Acquisitions Departments must
be requested on an Leidos-Purchase Request. Because the amount of information required
is based on the complexity, approval requirements, and competitive nature of the
requirement, additional signatures and justifications may be needed.
B. Determine Need for Approvals and Justifications
- PR - approval for the mission related need and authorizes funds for the listed project
- Additional signatures - as listed below for specific procurements
- Procurements greater than $3K must be competed or justified to limit competition.