After receipt of a complete purchase request package, the buyer initiates the proper
steps to begin the procurement process, which can include some or all of the following:
- Obtaining vendor data for proper processing (for federal vendor status, contract
department and invoicing info, etc.)
- Obtain current quotes, solicit verbal bids
- Prepare solicitation (SCO)
- Post on FDBDO and SAIC-Frederick website.
- Prepare Bid Sheets to analyze responsiveness to statement of work, pricing and other
stated criteria, etc.
- Negotiate terms and conditions, pricing, availability, etc.
- Ensure price reasonableness, either by competition or price analysis
- Discuss with Program Area for clarification or to review written memo for any alternate
- Ensure completion of other criteria, such as subcontracting plan information, certificate
of insurance, green product, etc.
- Prepare award document (SCO or purchase order), complete procurement checklists
- Place order with vendor and send information as necessary to Finance, Property,