- Ensure proper facilities for equipment in designated location of equipment
- Consult with EHS, FME, and/or Space Coordinator to ensure adequacy of space and
safety of item prior to approving requisition for capital equipment
- Notify the Purchasing Department of any change in renovation or construction schedule
that appreciatively alters the delivery status of the equipment
- Ensures property accountability of capital equipment items
- Determines if items are available from excess property
- Ensure adequacy of space and safety of item
- Works with Program Area and Facility Manager to determine appropriate equipment
- Maintains a list of approved models for certain equipment categories, such as biological
safety cabinets. If using a Checklist, no additional approval required per procurement.
- Ensures sufficient funding for the procurement
- Ensures existing project number for capital equipment for program area
- Provides budgetary guidance to program areas including appropriate fiscal year allocation.
Note: Some equipment procurements require a review by FME to determine fitness for
use in the destination area. Examples of fitness are: weight-bearing load, water
usage, electrical requirements, new startups that may affect the HVAC system, etc.
This review is conducted between FME and the Acquisition Department during the procurement