Executive Order 13423
Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management
This Executive Order establishes total energy reduction goals for every Federal
agency. Strengthening Federal Environmental Energy and Transportation Management
build on previous executive orders and regulations to adopt one cohesive approach
towards environmental management in the government.
Executive Order 13423 requires government agencies to:
- Improve energy efficiency and reduce energy and water consumption
- Purchase electricity from renewable energy sources
- Purchase "Green" goods and services, to include recycled content and biobased
products, energy and water efficient products, and environmentally preferable products.
Electronic Products Environmental Assessment
Tools (EPEAT) - registered electronic equipment and alternative fuels.
- Reduce the quantity of toxic and hazards chemicals and materials acquired
- Incorporate waste prevention and recycling into daily operations.
- Provide Green Procurement Preference Training
Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines (CPGs) published in the Federal Register.
To read the full version of this order, go to http://www.fedcenter.gov/programs/eo13423/