Frequently Asked Questions
Costs and Sources of Recycled Materials
Where can I find vendors who provide recycled, remanufactured or biobased materials?
The Purchasing Department has issued multiple contracts with various vendors who
provide recycled, remanufactured and biobased products, ranging from paper to cleaning
- B09-063R Anthony Lee
- B10-043AP Alpha Office Supplies
- B10-043BP Councell
Will purchasing remanufactured toners invalidate a warranty on my equipment?
No, it will not. Many vendors want you to purchase your supplies through them, to
include toners. The vendor may 'imply' this is a possibility, when in fact, it is
not. You can enjoy savings of up to 60% by purchasing remanufactured cartridges.
All contracted vendors will replace any toner that is found to be defective free
of charge. Comparison pricing for remanufactured toners - http://ncifrederick.cancer.gov/Cad/Media/Documents/TonerCartridges.pdf
If purchasing "green" products is more expensive than non-green, am I required to
purchase these items?
Not if it is not cost effective to your budget. If the same item is available in
green with no mark-up in price and meets your requirements, you should purchase
the "green" item.
The following will give Purchase Cardholders, Blanket User buyers and Requestors
tips for buying and thinking Green!
What you can do:
- By consolidating orders, we can help reduce multiple deliveries and green house
gases on campus.
- Produce double sided documents whenever possible
- Encourage communications via email, read email messages to determine whether it
is necessary to print, if it's not, Don't!!
- Buy copier paper with minimum 30% post consumer recycled content (SPWH-75105815)
- Purchase multiple item packs (uses less packaging materials)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or