Tumor Cell Lines and Biological Materials Screening
An important potential source of viral infections that are introduced into an animal facility is contaminated biological materials that are injected into live animals. Biological materials include tumor cell lines, stem cells, serum, antibodies, and other materials which may have been produced in the presence of serum from infected mice or rats originating outside the facility or become contaminated during processing in the laboratory. All human tissue passaged through rodents requires testing except for those cells that have been maintained in NCI facilities or will be used in the same facilities. For final determination contact the LASP-Bethesda Attending Veterinarian.
Options for testing:
For specifics on MTBM-M/R testing, click on the following links:
1) What needs to be tested?
2) What is exempt from testing?
3) How are samples prepared for submission?
4) Where can I get the necessary paperwork?
5) Where should samples be submitted?
6) Which agents will be evaluated?
7) Who pays for this testing?
8) How soon will results be returned?
9) What do I do with the results?