Proteins and Proteomics
The Protein and Proteomics Group consists of four laboratories: the Laboratory of Proteomics and Analytical Technology, Protein Expression Laboratory, Protein Chemistry Laboratory, and Antibody Characterization Laboratory.
Laboratory of Proteomics and Analytical Technology provides the following services:
- Mass spectrometry identification and quantitation of proteins ranging from the analysis of simple mixture to entire tissue lysates.
- Isolation, characterization, and validation of protein complexes.
- Custom development of assays to measure the absolute abundance of small molecules in biological samples.
- NMR analysis of small molecules as well as complete metabolomic analysis.
Protein Expression Laboratory provides expertise in:
- Protein expression and purification including clone construction, expression in all standard hosts, and purification of antibodies and recombinant proteins from micrograms to grams.
- Development, validation, and execution of serologic and qPCR assays to detect proteins and viruses in human samples.
- Production of standard and custom adeno- and lentiviruses.
Protein Chemistry Laboratory provides services for:
- Characterization of molecular interactions using surface plasmon resonance spectroscopy and fluorescence approaches.
- Protein identification, N-terminal sequencing and characterization from complex biological samples.
- MALDI mass spectrometry, including imaging mass spectrometry and ultra-high mass detection.
Antibody Characterization Laboratory supports the Clinical Proteomic Technologies for Cancer with:
- Development and/or detailed quality control of monoclonal antibody reagents
- Open-access data about antibody performance parameters
- Standard Operating Procedures for antibody testing