INTERNATIONAL STANDARD FOR EPIDERMAL GROWTH FACTOR (EGF)
- AMPOULE CONTENTS
- Each ampoule contains the residue after freeze-drying of 0.5 ml of a solution that contained: 4 microgram/ml EGF; 10 mg/ml trehalose; 10 mmol/l sodium phosphate, pH 6.5.
- The assigned potency is 2000 International Units (IU) per ampoule.
- All materials of biological origin should be regarded as potentially hazardous to health. This preparation is not for administration to humans.
- USE OF AMPOULED MATERIAL
- The standard is intended for calibration of local standards. For all practical purposes, each ampoule contains the same quantity of EGF. The entire contents of each ampoule should be completely dissolved in a known volume of suitable solvent. It is recommended that, were possible, buffer containing carrier protein should be used.
- This material should be used and discarded according to your own laboratory safety procedures.
- In all publications in which this preparation is used as an assay calibrant, it is important that the title of the preparation and ampoule code be cited correctly.
This reagent is available in small amounts (approximately 4 microgram/sample) for use in the
calibration of in vitro bioassays and in-house standards only and is not to
be used for experimental purposes. Reference reagents are available to investigators with
peer-reviewed support, at institutions or at commercial establishments and are limited to
one sample of each reagent per year.