Definition of NCI Organizations and Facilities in Frederick
The model defines the organizational structure of the National Cancer Institute
(NCI) Campus at Frederick.
- There are two major components, the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
(FNLCR) and the NCI Center for Cancer Research (CCR).
- The FNLCR is operated under contract by SAIC-Frederick. FNLCR has offsite performance
locations in Frederick (Vaccine Pilot Plant and Advanced Technology Research Facility),
Gaithersburg (Advanced Technology Center), Bethesda, and a variety of other sites
- NCI CCR is an intramural research division of the National Cancer Institute that
contains research labs on the Frederick campus as well as in Bethesda.
- Two government oversight offices, Office of Scientific Operations (OSO) and Management
Operations Support Branch (MOSB); also extension of the NCI Campus at Frederick.
- There are two additional contractors that support the NCI Campus at Frederick; Data
Management Services (DMS): Computer and Statistical Services and Wilson Information
Services Corporation (WISCO): Scientific Library