Project Management Office Charter
Project Management Office Mission Statement
The overarching mission of Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.'s Project Management Office (PMO) is to create a "community" of project managers across the Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. directorates to enhance communication and coordination between directorates, as well as between members of the senior management team and directorates, and to foster the application of sound project management principles. The PMO centralizes and coordinates the development and implementation of a common methodology to establish adaptive, responsive, and innovative approaches to project management that focus on operational efficiencies and provide a common language for Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The PMO provides leadership for the implementation, improvement, and expansion of project management processes across Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. by providing resources, tools, and templates to facilitate these processes. The PMO maintains and distributes recommended reading materials, and provides facility-wide training opportunities in areas of interest, including risk management and best practices for managing projects.
PMO Organizational Relationship
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.'s PMO is part of the Contract Planning and Administration Directorate.
Create a "community" of project managers across the Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. directorates to enhance communication and coordination between the directorates.
Serve as a resource to senior management for planning, tracking, and providing status on major efforts being executed through the Operations and Technical Support (OTS) contract.
Achieve consistency of project management resources, tools, and information to facilitate project management processes at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
Maintain a "lessons learned" database to facilitate an environment of continuous improvement with respect to managing projects/efforts associated with the OTS contract.
PMO Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide appropriate resources, tools, and information to facilitate project management processes at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
- Manage projects as requested by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. management or program areas.
- Coordinate Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.’s overall project management implementation and promote consistency of processes within the organization.
PMO Specific Activities
- Compile and distribute the monthly Major Program/Project and Initiatives Status Report
- Facilitate project management training, including:
- Monthly Lunch-and-Learn Seminars
- Onsite Advanced Project Management Training (1–2 days each)
- Onsite Project Management Professional (PMP) Prep Training
- Participation in Baltimore Chapter Project Management Institute (PMI) Dinners/Seminars
- Prepare project evaluations
- Develop project management plans
- Provide project oversight
- Provide project management tools