FNLCR-OMAL Microscope Scheduling Instructions
Instructions for accessing and using the FNLCR OMAL Microscope Calendar via a Web Browser
These instructions have been tested on Windows using Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12.0, and Google Chrome and on Macintosh using Firefox 12, Google Chrome, and Safari 5.0.6. Internet Explorer 9 will give additional features not available in the other browsers listed.
- To begin – enter the following link in your browser https://mail.nih.gov/owa/NCIOMALCalendar@mail.nih.gov/. This will take you to the normal NIH Web Mail web page.
- Login using your NIH username and password. This will take you to the FNLCR OMAL Confocal Microscope Calendar.
- You should be taken to the inbox of the OMAL calendar. Click on the Calendar object in the upper left-hand corner.
- Below and on the left you will see a section called My Calendars with a list of the individual Microscope calendars. Click on the calendar for the Microscope on which you wish to schedule time.
- The window or tab of your browser should now indicate the name of the calendar you on which you have chosen to reserve time.
- On the left, use the Calendar to select the day on which you wish to reserve time.
- Click the New Appointment button right beneath the search box near the top of the browser window.
- In the subject line, put your Name and a contact phone number to designate the appointment as yours. Indicate the start and end times with the pull-down menus.
- Type any additional notes in the box below the Attachments link.
- Click the Save and Close button immediately below the “Find Someone” search box.
- Verify that your appointment appears on the calendar in the time slot that you specified.
- Click Log Out in the upper right hand corner of the browser window.