The NCI at Frederick main campus is located within the Fort Detrick U.S. Army facility in Frederick, Maryland. All visitors must enter through Nallin Gate, which is located on Opossumtown Pike at Amber Road. The Nallin Gate is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
NCI at Frederick
- Provide proof of identification to the Fort Detrick security staff at the visitor center at Nallin Gate; they will conduct a background check prior to approving entry.
- Note: Acceptable forms of government issued identification include a passport or Driver’s License that complies with the REAL ID Act. Check your state or territory’s REAL ID status.
- Note: Non-U.S. citizens visiting the NCI at Frederick may require a federal employee escort onto the campus, which can be arranged by contacting Protective Services at 301-846-1091.
- Your vehicle will be searched before being allowed to enter the facility grounds. In addition to your vehicle, the trunk and any boxes, bags, or other items may also be searched.
- Note: If arriving by taxi or other service, all passengers, including the driver, must also obtain a visitor’s pass before entering the Fort Detrick facility.
- Note: Federal Law prohibits the following items on Federal property: firearms, explosives, archery equipment, dangerous weapons, knives with blades over 2½ inches, alcoholic beverages and open containers of alcohol.
- Note: No photographs may be taken while on the Fort Detrick and NCI at Frederick property. Cell phones may be used while driving only if hands free. All drivers must stop for pedestrians in cross walks.
- Proceed to the Protective Services Dispatch Office in Building 426 to receive your Visitor Badge before proceeding to any other destination.
- Note: Follow all traffic rules and posted speed limits while on base as you may be ticketed by Fort Detrick or NIH Police