35 Covent Drive
Bethesda, MD 20892
Building 35, Room 630/640
POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Fantastic advancements are happening in the broad field of bioengineering. Wounded soldiers regain independence with precision prosthetics; paralyzed individuals walk again with the assistance of mechanical exoskeletons; optical imaging methods detect cancer cells in patients; synthetic cells deliver drugs to tissues - and the NIH intramural program is expanding its efforts in bioengineering.
The NIH Bioengineering Festival will highlight the importance and the opportunities in bioengineering in the NIH intramural research program, seek to strengthen the interactions among bioengineers, basic scientists, and clinicians on NIH campuses, and will promote bioengineering in the biomedical sciences.
- Diana Bianchi, M.D., NICHD Director
- Michael Gottesman, M.D., Deputy Director for Intramural Research, NIH
- Lorna Role, Ph.D., NINDS Scientific Director
- Bruce Tromberg, Ph.D., NIBIB Director
- Tom Misteli, Ph.D., NCI, Program Chair
- Robert Balaban, Ph.D., NHLBI
- Alan Koretsky, Ph.D., NINDS
- Amir Gandjbakhche, Ph.D., NICHD
- Richard Leapman , Ph.D., NIBIB