Utility outages are necessary to complete maintenance, new installations, or repairs of the utilities serving our buildings. Our goal is to minimize impacts; however, in occupied facilities there may be inconveniences due to construction and outages.
Typical Utility Outage Process
- Utility outage is identified by FME.
- The requester, FME & EHS evaluate the impacts and duration.
- An FME POC will contact lab chiefs to review the event.
- FME provides 2 weeks advance electronic notice of the outage.
- Occupants are encouraged to respond if the suggested date and time does not work for them.
- 24 hrs. prior to the confirmed outage a follow-up e-mail and an intranet (listserv or SharePoint) message will be sent as well as postings on entry doors to remind personnel of the planned outage.
Outage Notifications via Activity Announcements are our vehicles to inform you, through your building coordinator, of upcoming events and how they will impact you in your workplace. For task-specific questions, please contact EHS at 301-846-1451. You may also review utility outage Policies and Procedures at: https://ncifrederick.cancer.gov/Ehs/Procedures/default.aspx.
Each year, an average of 8,900 home fires are caused by grilling and close to half of all injuries involving grills are due to thermal burns. Please click on the graphic to the right for more information.
Click the following link for additional in-depth information about FME: https://ncifrederick.cancer.gov/services/fme
Contact the Help Desk